I get songs stuck in my head a lot. At least once a day. And that's okay. Because I like music. I guess if I had my own talk show, I'd make the audience endure my singing just like Ellen does with her dancing. Mattie, who acts way too old for her young age, is constantly shooshing me in the car and in Target when I just can't help but break into song. "Mom, stawwwwwwp."
Not loud, mind you. I'm not quite that obnoxious.
Today of all days with all the wonderfully romantic love songs that could be swarming around in my big ol' head I get stuck with "Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar." Over. and Over. and Over. And you know, if it had made me run out and buy one, I'd say hat's off the advertisers, but all it did was annoy the heck outta me.
I blame Andy Bernard.
I just recently discovered "The Office." And it's my new favorite obsession. I have many, and there's room for many more. I am now DVRing the beloved series on 4 different stations, so I never know what's time period I'm gonna get to watch when I turn on the TV. The last episode I watched had Andy singing that song, and it's been bugging me ever since.
I guess I could turn on some music and see if I can affect a little mental song-switcheroo. My Itunes opens up so slowwwwwwwly. :( (..break me off a piece of that...)
Seriously Itunes, what's the problem? This is a music STAT situation. I need to replace this annoying (...Kit Kat bar....) song with something with substance and beautiful melody. Something that makes me think of perfect storybook love and not some second-rate, B-list candy bar. If there was a Milk Duds song, I'd be all over that.
Ahhhh....forget it. Bedtime. Surely, I'll wake up tomorrow with a brand new tune in my head, right? (I sure do hope so, and quit calling me "Shirley"). I guess we'll see then (...break me off a piece of that...KIT KAT BAR.")
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I stumbled upon your blog and really liked your first two posts! I hope you're planning on writing more often because you're very entertaining!
ReplyDelete